- 8 large green bell peppers
- 3 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 1/2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tops from bell peppers; remove and discard seeds and membrane. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions and celery, and sauté 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add shrimp, and saute 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper. Spoon evenly into peppers, and place in an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Add hot water to dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes