- 1 cup shelled green peas (about 1 pound unshelled green peas) or frozen green peas
- 1 (6-inch) whole-wheat pita
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 328
- fat 14.2 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 8.1 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 28.9 g
- carbohydrate 22.3 g
- fiber 5.6 g
- cholesterol 179 mg
- iron 5.4 mg
- sodium 551 mg
- calcium 146 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add peas; cook 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
Split pita into 2 rounds. Arrange the pita rounds on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 1 minute on each side or until toasted. Remove from grill, and cool. Break pita into 1-inch pieces.
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon rind, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Thread the shrimp onto 4 (12-inch) skewers. Arrange skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done.
Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, vinegar, juice, and garlic in a large bowl. Add peas, onion, mint, and spinach; toss to coat. Arrange about 2 cups salad on each of 4 plates; divide pita and shrimp evenly among salads. Sprinkle each serving with about 1 tablespoon cheese.