- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup oil-packed Indian mango relish, such as Patak's, plus more for the table
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled deveined medium shrimp
- 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- About 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro, divided
- Hot cooked basmati or jasmine rice
- calories 298
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- protein 36 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 1.1 g
- carbohydrate 7.5 g
- fiber 1.7 g
- sodium 733 mg
- cholesterol 259 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, season with salt, and sauté, stirring often, until just beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in mango relish. Add shrimp and stir to coat thoroughly. Lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook just until the shrimp curl tightly, 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and most of cilantro. Serve over rice, topped with remaining cilantro and more mango relish on the side.