One of the best recipes I have ever made - I left the shrimp and the veggies on different skewers as they had different cooking times, and you can choose veggies that suit you. Make 2 times the sauce as it is the best part. I will definately make this again and again!
Shrimp Skewers with Mango Dipping Sauce
Set the finished skewers atop hot cooked rice tossed with chopped fresh cilantro. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water while you prepare the ingredients.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 skewers and about 1/4 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 217
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 25.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24.8g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 522mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (about 12 ounces)
- 1 pound peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- Preheat broiler.
- Thread tomatoes, shrimp, onion, and pepper alternately onto each of 8 skewers. Place skewers on a wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons juice; sprinkle with black pepper and salt. Broil 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, turning once.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons juice, chutney, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Serve sauce with skewers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This