Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Moon
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp
- 6 limes
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 small ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 canned serrano chiles en escabèche, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 avocados, diced
- Cook shrimp in boiling, salted water 3 minutes or just until cooked. Cool, peel, and roughly chop shrimp.
- Squeeze limes into a medium bowl. Add shrimp, shallot, and next 7 ingredients, stirring until well blended. Chill at least 1 hour and up to 6.
- Stir cilantro and diced avocados into chilled shrimp mixture. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers