Very much enjoyed. However, the amount of tomatoes seems too large. I used a small can of diced and 1/2 of a large fresh tomato and cooked about 15 min. Don't skimp on the garlic or spinach. I added 1/2 lemon juice and some fresh basil. I served over quinoa, with a small serving of garlic bread to soak up juices. Yummy!
Shrimp Scampi with Spinach
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 436
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 188mg
- Sodium: 774mg
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 29g
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Stir in the shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
Spoon the rice into a serving dish or divide among individual plates. Top with the scampi and sprinkle with the tarragon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes