- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- calories 436
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 4 g
- cholesterol 188 mg
- sodium 774 mg
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 4 g
- sugars 5 g
- protein 29 g
How to Make It
Cook the rice according to the package directions.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
Stir in the shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
Spoon the rice into a serving dish or divide among individual plates. Top with the scampi and sprinkle with the tarragon.