Really good...I added extra white wine and butter...also added lemon juice...I would reduce the amt of red pepper as it was pretty spicy! My family loved this! Served with dill sugar carrots.
Shrimp Scampi over Whole-Wheat Spaghetti
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 591
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 34g
- Carbohydrate: 67g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Sodium: 333mg
- 12 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, according to package label directions, about 10 minutes.
- 2. While spaghetti is cooking, warm oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook shrimp, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 minutes total. Transfer to a plate. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, wine and 1/2 tsp. salt to skillet and simmer 1 minute. Stir in shrimp.
- 3. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Toss pasta with shrimp mixture and parsley. Add reserved cooking water 1 Tbsp. at a time as needed to moisten. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes