Shrimp and Scallop Ceviche
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 17g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 379mg
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- 1 pound shelled, deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per lb.)
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1 cup coconut milk (see notes)
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2 fresh serrano chilies, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Rinse shrimp and scallops. Fill a bowl with ice water.
- 2. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over high heat, bring about 2 quarts water to a boil. Add the shrimp, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, and cook until shrimp are opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 1 to 2 minutes. Remove with a strainer or a slotted spoon and immerse in ice water until cool. Add scallops to simmering water and cook until opaque but still moist-looking in the center (cut to test), 1 to 2 minutes; lift out and immerse in ice water until cool. Drain shrimp and scallops. Cut each shrimp crosswise into thirds.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a glass or ceramic bowl, mix coconut milk, lime juice, bell pepper, chilies, cilantro, ginger, and salt. Stir in shrimp and scallops. Cover and chill at least 6 hours or up to 1 day.
- 4. Spoon into a large serving bowl or onto a rimmed platter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers