Awesome recipe. I added okra and a tad more creole seasoning.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
More From Southern Living
Total: 6 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Garnish: sliced green onions
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle flour in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Place sausage in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients.
- 3. Whisk together browned flour and broth until smooth. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours. Stir in shrimp, green onions, and parsley. Cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes, stirring once. Discard bay leaves before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note