- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Garnish: sliced green onions
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle flour in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels. Place sausage in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients.
Whisk together browned flour and broth until smooth. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 to 6 hours. Stir in shrimp, green onions, and parsley. Cover and cook on HIGH 30 minutes, stirring once. Discard bay leaves before serving.