This recipe is great. I served it for a finger foods gathering and it was a hit. I did cut back on the peanut butter. Will definately make over and over.
Shrimp Saté with Peanut Sauce
Yield: 6 appetizer servings
- 24 unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Combine ginger and next 9 ingredients in a food processor. Process until well blended, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Thread 2 shrimp onto each of 12 (6-inch) skewers. Measure 1/4 cup peanut sauce, and brush on shrimp. Reserve remaining sauce. Grill, covered with lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 3 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with reserved sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers