I had to make this with chicken instead of shrimp because my husband won't eat seafood. This went over well at home though we weren't sure the dill really "went" with the other flavors. Next time I might add more garlic and maybe some red pepper flakes to give it a little more of an Italian/spicy touch.
Shrimp Salad with White Beans, Broccoli, and Toasted Garlic
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 403
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 12.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 38.7g
- Carbohydrate: 36.3g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- Iron: 7.5mg
- Sodium: 509mg
- Calcium: 322mg
- 4 cups bagged broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 cups canned small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Dill sprigs (optional)
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While broccoli cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 5 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour excess oil from pan into a small bowl. Add juice, dill, salt, and pepper; stir with a whisk.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or until done, stirring frequently.
- Combine broccoli, lemon mixture, shrimp, beans, and cheese, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with garlic. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note