Shrimp Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
- 2 quarts water
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons white or white wine vinegar
- 2 pounds jumbo fresh shrimp, unpeeled*
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 2-inch-long thin strips
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cucumber, partially peeled (striped) and julienned
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, blanched
- 3/4 cup Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- 2. Combine bell pepper and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add shrimp. Add sea salt and pepper, and toss lightly to mix. Serve immediately, or chill up to 24 hours.
- *To save time, substitute peeled, cooked shrimp from your supermarket's seafood section and proceed with step 2.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note