Shrimp Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
Serve on top of a bed of mixed greens, couscous, or rice, or use in Shrimp and Crunchy Vegetable Spring Rolls. Prep: 20 minutes, Cook: 3 minutes.
This recipe goes with Shrimp and Crunchy Vegetable Spring Rolls with Sweet and Sour Chili Sauce
- 2 quarts water
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons white or white wine vinegar
- 2 pounds jumbo fresh shrimp, unpeeled*
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 2-inch-long thin strips
- 3 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 cucumber, partially peeled (striped) and julienned
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, blanched
- 3/4 cup Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- 2. Combine bell pepper and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add shrimp. Add sea salt and pepper, and toss lightly to mix. Serve immediately, or chill up to 24 hours.
- *To save time, substitute peeled, cooked shrimp from your supermarket's seafood section and proceed with step 2.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This