Shrimp Salad with Ceviche Dressing
Notes: You can prepare the shrimp mixture (step 1) up to 4 hours ahead; when cool, cover and chill.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 134
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 112mg
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 pound peeled, deveined cooked shrimp (41 to 50 per lb.), thawed if frozen
- 1 cup diced (1/2 in.) firm-ripe tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 quarts salad mix (8 oz.), rinsed and crisped
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat, stir cumin seeds until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add oil, garlic, onion, and bell pepper; stir often until onion is limp, about 3 minutes. Add corn, jalapeño, lime juice, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in shrimp. Chill, stirring occasionally, until cool, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 2. Stir in tomato and cilantro.
- 3. Place salad greens in a large bowl. Spoon shrimp mixture over greens; mix to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads