Shrimp Salad with Blood Oranges and Slivered Fennel
U.S.-farmed or wild shrimp are a good sustainable seafood choice. For pretty slivers of fennel, use a mandoline to slice the bulb.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 36.3g
- Carbohydrate: 22.2g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.6mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- 1/4 cup fresh blood orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 3 blood oranges, peeled and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 small)
- Chopped fennel fronds (optional)
- 1. Combine orange juice, lemon juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper, stirring well with a whisk.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Combine shrimp, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove shrimp from skewers; keep warm.
- 4. Divide orange slices evenly among 4 plates; top each serving with 1/2 cup fennel and 6 shrimp. Drizzle 1 tablespoon dressing over each serving. Sprinkle with fennel fronds, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads