- 1/4 cup fresh blood orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 24 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 3 blood oranges, peeled and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 2 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 1 small)
- Chopped fennel fronds (optional)
- calories 329
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 5.4 g
- polyfat 1.9 g
- protein 36.3 g
- carbohydrate 22.2 g
- fiber 4.9 g
- cholesterol 259 mg
- iron 4.6 mg
- sodium 570 mg
- calcium 178 mg
How to Make It
Combine orange juice, lemon juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper, stirring well with a whisk.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Combine shrimp, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (12-inch) skewers. Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove shrimp from skewers; keep warm.
Divide orange slices evenly among 4 plates; top each serving with 1/2 cup fennel and 6 shrimp. Drizzle 1 tablespoon dressing over each serving. Sprinkle with fennel fronds, if desired. Serve immediately.