I made this recently and my boyfriend and I LOVED it! We didn't taste the curry much and could've gotten away with using less sour cream and mayo. It was very flavorful with the bacon and was best the first day but, will definately make again. :)
Shrimp Salad with Avocado and Curried Rice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, adding curry powder to cooking water; chill.
- Combine rice, shrimp, and remaining ingredients.
- Pour 2003 Allan Scott Sauvignon Blanc. New Zealand produces some of the best Sauvignon Blancs. This one is alive with citrus and grassy flavors and is a natural match for a refreshing salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers