Shrimp Salad Biscuit Sandwiches
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 257
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 624mg
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion (optional; see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 cup (8 oz.) cooked tiny shrimp
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery (optional; see notes)
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. With two knives, a pastry blender, or your fingers, cut or rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2. With a fork, mix in parsley, chives, and tarragon. Pour in buttermilk and stir gently until mixture comes together. Scrape onto a lightly floured surface and, with lightly floured hands, knead gently just until dough forms a ball.
- 3. Pat dough into an even round 1/2 inch thick. Using a 3-inch round cutter or wineglass, cut out biscuits. Gather scraps, pat out again, and cut out remaining biscuits; you should have 8 total. Space evenly on a buttered 10- by 15-inch baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with remaining shredded cheese.
- 4. Bake in a 425° oven until biscuits are puffy and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. In a fine strainer, rinse red onion under cold running water; let drain. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard. Add shrimp, celery, the red onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Cut biscuits in half horizontally. Spoon shrimp salad onto bottom halves, then set tops in place.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches