- 12 jumbo shrimp, (6-8 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium bulb fennel, cored and finely chopped
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small chile pepper, such as jalapeÃ±o or serrano seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay, preferably Greek
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, preferably Greek
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (or “saganaki” pan) over medium heat. Add fennel, scallions and chile pepper and cook, stirring, until soft and beginning to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour in wine. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Place the shrimp on top of the fennel mixture, cover and cook until the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, feta and pepper to the pan and stir until the cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute. Serve the shrimp atop the fennel mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cindiemiller11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note