The goodness of this sandwich will depend on the quality and taste of your shrimp. We were lucky enough to get some excellent shrimp. Rather than shred the lettuce, I put the shrimp salad on whole leaves of romaine. I rolled the lettuce around the shrimp and placed it on a sour dough baguette that was sliced in half and toasted first.
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia Degaris-Pursell
More From Coastal Living
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped and peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 pounds peeled and cooked medium shrimp
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 4 (8-inch) baguettes, ends trimmed and wedge removed from top
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in shrimp. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 2. Place lettuce in baguettes; top with shrimp mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches