- 3 quarts water
- 1 (3-ounce) package crab and shrimp boil seasoning
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 French rolls, split
- 8 Green Leaf lettuce leaves (optional)
- 3 avocados, cubed (optional)
- Bring 3 quarts water and crab seasoning to a boil in a Dutch oven; add shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and cool.
- Peel cooked shrimp, and devein, if desired; coarsely chop shrimp.
- Stir together mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in shrimp. Chill 2 hours.
- Stir together butter and garlic, and spread evenly on cut side of bread halves. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Line each roll with a lettuce leaf, if desired. Spoon shrimp mixture evenly on each roll. Top with avocado, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note