Shrimp Rémoulade Po'boys
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
These are a New Orleans classic.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 290
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 14.1g
- Carbohydrate: 46.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 799mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Remaining ingredients:
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 4 (3-ounce) French bread loaves, sliced horizontally
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- To prepare sauce, combine first 11 ingredients in a medium bowl. Chill.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread shrimp onto 4 (10-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Hollow out bread halves, leaving a 1-inch-thick shell. Place bread on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5 minutes. Place 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup tomato, and 6 shrimp in bottom half of each loaf. Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over each sandwich. Cover with top bread halves.
- Wine note: This sandwich needs a seafood-friendly summer white with enough body and bite to cut through the spicy mayo. Willamette Valley Vineyards Pinot Gris 2006 ($15) offers crisp pear and apple flavors, honeysuckle aromas, and a lush body, making it a favorite with shellfish. - Jeffery Lindenmuth
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches