Shrimp Risotto with Pinot Grigio, Radicchio, and Peas
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 cups fish broth
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 pound medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 head fresh radicchio, shredded (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 3 ingredients in Dutch oven over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add shallots, and sauté until tender. Add rice, and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add wine, and cook until almost evaporated. Add 1/2 cup warm broth; cook, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat procedure with remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir in peas and shrimp; cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes. Stir in radicchio; cook 1 minute or until wilted. Remove from heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cheese, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This