Shrimp and Rice Casserole
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 376
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 30.4g
- Carbohydrate: 48.3g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 485mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated skimmed milk, divided
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 8 cups cooked long-grain and wild rice blend (cooked without salt or fat)
- Paprika (optional)
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions; saute 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add shrimp; saute 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine flour and 1/4 cup milk, stirring until smooth. Combine flour mixture, remaining milk, sherry, and next 3 ingredients; stir until smooth. Add to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese, and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat, and stir in chicken.
- Spoon rice into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour shrimp mixture over rice; sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes