- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated skimmed milk, divided
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (skinned before cooking and cooked without salt)
- 8 cups cooked long-grain and wild rice blend (cooked without salt or fat)
- Paprika (optional)
- calories 376
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 7 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 1.4 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 30.4 g
- carbohydrate 48.3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 124 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 485 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a knife or vegetable peeler, if desired. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray; add margarine. Place over medium-high heat until margarine melts. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and green onions; saute 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Add shrimp; saute 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Combine flour and 1/4 cup milk, stirring until smooth. Combine flour mixture, remaining milk, sherry, and next 3 ingredients; stir until smooth. Add to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese, and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat, and stir in chicken.
Spoon rice into a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour shrimp mixture over rice; sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly. Serve immediately.