Shrimp and Quinoa Pilaf
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
Have it your way—Shrimp and Quinoa Pilaf is delicious served hot, warm or even chilled.
Yield: Serves: 4
Cost per Serving: $2.83
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 361
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 25g
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Sodium: 423mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. Warm oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add quinoa; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 2. Add 2 1/4 cups water and 1/2 tsp. salt to pan. Turn heat to high; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes, stirring in shrimp during final 5 minutes. Lift cover after 15 minutes and check that shrimp is cooked through and most of water has been absorbed. If not, cook 1 minute or 2 longer. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 3. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Stir in parsley, lemon zest and juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note