Shrimp Pâté on Crostini
Yield: 12 appetizer servings
- 6 cups water
- 2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons fines herbes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 baguette
- 3 small cucumbers, sliced
- Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain; rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Coarsely chop shrimp. Toss with lemon juice.
- Combine butter and cream cheese. Add mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; fold in shrimp mixture.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 4-cup mold or an 8- x 4-inch loafpan; cover and chill 8 to 10 hours.
- Cut baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Cool on wire racks.
- Unmold pâté, and spread on baguette slices; top with cucumber.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers