- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- Peanut oil
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 French bread rolls, split
- Rémoulade Sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Stir together milk and egg until smooth. Toss shrimp in milk mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry shrimp, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes or until golden; drain on wire racks.
- Melt butter; add garlic. Spread cut sides of rolls evenly with butter mixture; place on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Spread cut sides of rolls evenly with Remoulade Sauce. Place shrimp and lettuce on bottom halves of rolls; cover with roll tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes