These Po' Boy's are something how I make mine. I use the prebreaded the small shrimp, and add sliced onions and hot sace to them. They are so yummy this way.
- 2 to 3 pounds shrimp; peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking oil
- 4 small French bread rolls
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or remoulade sauce
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 8 tomato slices
- Combine the all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate. Lightly beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Pour oil to a depth of about 1-inch in a deep skillet, sauté pan, or Dutch oven. Place over medium-high heat.
- Using one hand to handle the food, dredge the shrimp through the egg, shaking off any extra. Then dredge them through the flour mixture.
- When the oil reaches 365°, add the shrimp, using a metal slotted spoon, and fry until golden brown all over, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Do not crowd the skillet. As they are done, transfer the shrimp to paper towels to drain.
- Split the French bread down the length and spread the bottom with mayonaise or remoulade sauce, then line them with lettuce and tomato.
- When all the shrimp have been fried, add them to the sandwiches and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note