This is a very good recipe when you are in the mood for shrimp. It is tasty and quick to cook. It would actually make a good scampi recipe served with pasta! I used about about 1 Tbsp dried cilantro and mixed it with the oil and lemon juice early so it could dehydrate before adding to the shrimp, very tasty. I do not recommend serving it with arborio rice, which is all I had on hand tonight, brown rice would have been better.
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Cindy Manning Barr
Savor the mild taste of poblano chiles, now available in most grocery stores. They're best in the summer and early fall.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup rice mixture, about 1 cup shrimp mixture, and 1 lemon wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 38.4g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 114mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 4 lemon wedges
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir in the almonds and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Keep rice mixture warm.
- While rice cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add poblano; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from heat.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil, cilantro, and lemon juice, stirring with a whisk. Add cilantro mixture to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Divide rice evenly among 4 plates; top with shrimp mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes