This is a very good recipe when you are in the mood for shrimp. It is tasty and quick to cook. It would actually make a good scampi recipe served with pasta! I used about about 1 Tbsp dried cilantro and mixed it with the oil and lemon juice early so it could dehydrate before adding to the shrimp, very tasty. I do not recommend serving it with arborio rice, which is all I had on hand tonight, brown rice would have been better.
Savor the mild taste of poblano chiles, now available in most grocery stores. They're best in the summer and early fall.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup rice mixture, about 1 cup shrimp mixture, and 1 lemon wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 385
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 38.4g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 114mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 poblano chile, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 4 lemon wedges
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir in the almonds and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Keep rice mixture warm.
- While rice cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add poblano; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium. Add shrimp; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from heat.
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil, cilantro, and lemon juice, stirring with a whisk. Add cilantro mixture to shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Divide rice evenly among 4 plates; top with shrimp mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes