Shrimp Po' Boys With Remoulade Slaw
Make sure to get the oil on the jelly-roll pan very hot before adding the shrimp. The hotter the oil, the better the shrimp fry.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1/2 sandwich)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.2g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 724mg
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fiber: 2.3g
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
- 1 1/4 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 (3-ounce) submarine rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Pour over slaw; toss gently to coat. Set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp. Combine shrimp and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag; shake to coat. Combine cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add to shrimp; shake until well-coated.
- Coat a jelly-roll pan evenly with oil; place in oven for 3 minutes or until very hot. Arrange shrimp on pan in a single layer. Bake at 450° for 3 minutes; turn and bake an additional 1 minute or until golden. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Spoon slaw mixture evenly over bottom halves of rolls; top each with 4 shrimp. Cover with top halves of rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches