- 1 (12-ounce) French bread baguette (16 inches long)
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- calories 381
- fat 8.5 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 4.1 g
- polyfat 2.4 g
- protein 25.9 g
- carbohydrate 49.6 g
- fiber 2.2 g
- cholesterol 179 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 831 mg
- calcium 90 mg
How to Make It
Cut baguette in half horizontally. Hollow out top and bottom halves of bread, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick shell; reserve torn bread for another use. Combine mayonnaise and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl; stir well. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of bread.
Combine cornstarch and cornmeal in a shallow dish. Dredge shrimp in cornmeal mixture; shake off excess cornmeal mixture.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
Arrange lettuce, shrimp, and onion on bottom half of baguette; cover with top half of baguette. Cut loaf into 4 pieces. Serve immediately.