This was absolutely disgusting. I am half Japanese and grew up on Asian food, so maybe I am partial.
Shrimp-Pineapple Fried Rice
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
More From Coastal Living
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tablespoon stir-fry oil or vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 3 to 4 cups cold, cooked long-grain rice
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste or sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1. Heat wok over high heat until a few drops of water evaporate immediately. Swirl sesame oil in pan to coat. (If using a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.) Add shrimp, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and keep warm.
- 2. Heat stir-fry oil in wok over high heat (medium-high, if using a nonstick skillet). Add garlic and ginger; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Stir in pineapple and rice, and stir-fry 1 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in green onions and cooked shrimp.
- 3. Combine soy sauce and chili-garlic paste in a small bowl; stir into rice mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This