I like this very much & have made it several times, usually making the crust the night before or early in the day. My only changes are to use precooked small shrimp and to add some garlic pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. This last time, I added a little more shredded cheese to the top. Served with a big salad with beets and cucumbers to continue the Scandanavian theme. I think this pie serves four, not six, unless you had a lot of extra side dishes.
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 325
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- Calcium: 249mg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup semolina or pasta flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Havarti or fontina cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare pastry, lightly spoon 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and semolina flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; cut in butter and shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine ice water and vinegar in a small bowl. Add water mixture to flour mixture; toss with a fork until mixture is well combined (mixture will be crumbly and will not form a ball). Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add the shrimp; cook 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup egg substitute in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add 2 teaspoons flour; beat 1 more minute. Beat in remaining egg substitute and milk. Add shrimp, Havarti cheese, dill, and 1/8 teaspoon salt, stirring well. Pour shrimp mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes