More From Southern Living
Grill: 10 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- All-purpose flour
- Yellow cornmeal
- 1 pound bakery pizza dough
- 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° (medium heat).
- 2. Peel shrimp, and slice in half lengthwise; devein, if desired.
- 3. Sauté onion, bell pepper, salt, and pepper in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer onion mixture to a large bowl. Sauté shrimp in remaining 1 Tbsp. hot oil 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Add shrimp to onion mixture, and toss.
- 4. Lightly sprinkle flour and cornmeal on a large surface. Place dough on surface, and roll to a 1/4-inch thickness. Carefully transfer pizza dough to a cutting board or baking sheet lightly sprinkled with flour and cornmeal.
- 5. Slide pizza dough from cutting board or baking sheet onto cooking grate; spread 1/3 cup refrigerated pesto evenly over crust, and top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 6. Grill, covered with grill lid, at 350° (medium heat) 4 minutes. Rotate pizza one-quarter turn, and grill, covered with grill lid, 5 to 6 more minutes or until pizza crust is cooked. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This