I thought it was great for having friends over. It was healthy, easy and excellent.
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 194
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 202mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large, fresh shrimp
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2. Peel shrimp, and, if desired, devein.
- 3. Sauté bell peppers in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add grape tomatoes, and sauté 3 minutes. Add wine and next 3 ingredients; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and basil, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in pasta, and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Plus Penne Pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This