- 12 ounces uncooked multigrain penne pasta
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked large, fresh shrimp
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- calories 194
- caloriesfromfat 17 %
- fat 3.6 g
- satfat 0.5 g
- monofat 1.8 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 84 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 202 mg
- calcium 34 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Peel shrimp, and, if desired, devein.
Sauté bell peppers in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add grape tomatoes, and sauté 3 minutes. Add wine and next 3 ingredients; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and basil, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in pasta, and cook until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Barilla Plus Penne Pasta.