Super easy and delicious!
Shrimp and Pasta with Creamy Pesto Sauce
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 655
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 534mg
- Cholesterol: 243mg
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp (35 to 40 per lb.), thawed (see note above)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped drained oil-packed dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 7 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- 2. Add shrimp, pesto, cream, broth, and dried tomatoes to pasta; stir over medium heat until hot and evenly incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into serving dish or divide among individual bowls.
For extra quick preparation, use frozen cooked shrimp and prepared pesto for this easy-to-assemble dish. To thaw shrimp quickly, place under cold running water for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note