Super easy and delicious!
Shrimp and Pasta with Creamy Pesto Sauce
This shrimp and pasta recipe is laced with pesto and cream and can be prepared in just 15 minutes and with only 6 ingredients. It goes great with a glass of pinot gris.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 655
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 39g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 534mg
- Cholesterol: 243mg
- 12 ounces dried penne pasta
- 1 pound frozen cooked shrimp (35 to 40 per lb.), thawed (see note above)
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped drained oil-packed dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 7 to 12 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- 2. Add shrimp, pesto, cream, broth, and dried tomatoes to pasta; stir over medium heat until hot and evenly incorporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into serving dish or divide among individual bowls.
For extra quick preparation, use frozen cooked shrimp and prepared pesto for this easy-to-assemble dish. To thaw shrimp quickly, place under cold running water for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note