- 1 pound dry linguine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 26- to 32-ounce jar marinara sauce
- calories 712
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 18 g
- satfat 3 g
- cholesterol 232 mg
- sodium 1,661 mg
- carbohydrate 96 g
- fiber 7 g
- sugars 8 g
- protein 42 g
How to Make It
Cook the linguine according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with the pepper and cook until they begin to turn pink, about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp, add the capers, olives, and anchovies (if using), and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the marinara sauce and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
Divide the drained pasta among individual bowls and spoon the shrimp and puttanesca sauce over the top.