Wonderful recipe! Added an egg, more vegies (carrots, shitake mushrooms, snow peas). A tad too spicy will probably put less siracha sauce next time but it is definitely a keeper.
Shrimp Pad Thai
Smother Pad Thai noodles with spicy shrimp, bean sprouts, peanuts and green onion for an asian dish you will prepare again and again.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 462
- Fat: 16.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 9.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 64.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 779mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 8 ounces uncooked flat rice noodles (pad Thai noodles)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (2-inch) green onion pieces
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- 2. While water comes to a boil, combine sugar and next 4 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a small bowl.
- 3. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion pieces, shrimp, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done. Add cooked noodles; toss to combine. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine. Arrange about 1 cup noodle mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup bean sprouts, 1 tablespoon peanuts, and 2 teaspoons basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note