This recipe is horrible and all because of the ketchup. I should have read the reviews before delving into this one. My husband wouldn't even eat it and he eats everything. I choked it down as a leftover so as not to waste food and added about a half cup of straight peanut butter in order to do so. Ketchup and noodles do not mix! (And heating ketchup up in a pan smells awful).
Shrimp Pad Thai
Make Thailand's most popular noodle dish in mere minutes. This lightened version is packed with vibrant ingredients such as crushed red pepper, sliced green onions, and dry-roasted peanuts to add great Thai flavor. Our online reviewers noticed that the Shrimp Pad Thai was even better on the second day, so make extra for leftovers.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 343
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 42.4g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 186mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 912mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 8 ounces wide rice stick noodles (Banh Pho)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Place noodles in a large bowl. Add hot water to cover; let stand 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine ketchup, sugar, fish sauce, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 4 teaspoons oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly. Add sprouts, green onions, and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add noodles, ketchup mixture, and shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note