- 12 ounces unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemon half
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/3 cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- calories 277
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- fat 5.7 g
- satfat 1 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 23.9 g
- carbohydrate 31.8 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 171 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 470 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Peel and devein shrimp. Combine water, lemon half, and bay leaf in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Drain well; rinse with cold water. Chill. Discard lemon half and bay leaf.
Cook orzo according to package instructions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; rinse with cold water, and drain.
Combine shrimp, orzo, cucumber, and next 7 ingredients in a bowl; toss gently. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Place 1 cup shredded lettuce on each of 2 salad plates. Spoon chilled shrimp mixture evenly over lettuce.