- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- Garnish: green onion slivers
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Set shrimp aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir together pineapple juice, sugar, and next 6 ingredients.
- Cook juice mixture in a large skillet or wok over high heat, stirring constantly, 15 to 30 seconds or until thickened. Add cubed bell pepper, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add pineapple chunks and shrimp. Cover and cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve over Lemon Rice Pilaf, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
- Chicken Oriental: Substitute 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cubed, for shrimp. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp Oriental Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This