- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- Garnish: green onion slivers
How to Make It
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Set shrimp aside.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir together pineapple juice, sugar, and next 6 ingredients.
Cook juice mixture in a large skillet or wok over high heat, stirring constantly, 15 to 30 seconds or until thickened. Add cubed bell pepper, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add pineapple chunks and shrimp. Cover and cook, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve over Lemon Rice Pilaf, if desired. Garnish, if desired.
Chicken Oriental: Substitute 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cubed, for shrimp. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.