- 2 quarts water
- 2 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 French bread slices, toasted
How to Make It
Bring 2 quarts water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Stir in orange rind and next 5 ingredients, and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in shrimp, and cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve over French bread.