Shrimp on Flats
More From Southern Living
Cool: 30 Minutes
Broil: 5 Minutes
- 12 ounces unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon*
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8.5-oz.) French bread baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Stir together shrimp and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in large nonstick skillet; sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- 2. Cook shrimp over medium-high heat 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp to a large bowl, and toss with 1 tsp. lime juice. Cool completely (about 30 minutes). Finely chop shrimp.
- 3. Preheat oven to broil. Process parsley, sour cream, yogurt, and remaining 2 tsp. lime juice in a food processor or blender until parsley is finely chopped. Season parsley sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Stir together shrimp, tarragon, and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Place 1 Tbsp. shrimp mixture on top of each slice of French bread, and place on a baking sheet.
- 5. Broil 5 inches from heat 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp mixture is lightly browned. Remove from oven, and drizzle with parsley sauce. Serve immediately.
- *1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note