Shrimp and Noodle Salad with Ginger Dressing
Instead of spending time shredding cabbage and carrots, Grace Parisi uses prepackaged coleslaw mix. She tosses it with noodles and shrimp, then adds a spicy, gingery dressing prepared with other easy-to-find supermarket ingredients, like bottled teriyaki sauce and chile-garlic sauce.
- 7 ounces dried udon noodles or fettuccine, fettuccine broken in half
- 12 ounces shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Pat dry and transfer to a large bowl. Add the coleslaw mix, scallions, cilantro and shrimp.
- In a blender, combine the teriyaki sauce with the ginger and chile-garlic sauce and puree until smooth. With the machine on, slowly add the vegetable oil in a thin stream and puree until the dressing is emulsified. Season lightly with salt. Add the dressing to the bowl with the udon noodles and toss well. Serve the noodle salad with lime wedges on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note