Shrimp-and-New Potato Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bunches green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, diced
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound medium-size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
How to Make It
Melt butter in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add green onions, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
Add potatoes and next 5 ingredients, and increase heat to high. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in shrimp and hot sauce, and cook 3 minutes.
CHOP, CHOP Cut onions and potatoes into pieces that are the same size. This will ensure they cook uniformly.
We tested with Swanson Natural Goodness 33% Less Sodium Chicken Broth.